A celebrant asks:

I’m marrying a couple next year – Party 1 is female; Party 2 is a transgender male. What I want to clarify is that if Party 2 has neither a birth certificate or passport in his common usage name that’s not a problem as long as I am satisfied he is who he says he is. For example, is it enough that I know people who know him, and that he is listed on his employer’s website? My sense is that it is ridgy didge, but wanted to check that I’m right.


Want to see the rest of this article? Log in or become a member.