You've reached one of our members-only articles. Celebrant Institute members get access to read articles about building and running a sustainable celebrancy business, the nuances around the Australian marriage laws, advertising and marketing help, and ceremony ideas, plus there's a free podcast, they can ask questions, and seek urgent support for legal and business advice regarding being an awesome marriage celebrant.

I have a groom whose status in Australia is as a 'permanent resident' which was granted last year. (He is from the UK.) To be sure to satisfy both myself and also the couple, this status does NOT require any additional paperwork/applications etc to legally marry here in Australia, correct?