Instagram’s latest feature ‘Reels’ is in addition to it’s existing product suite of regular Instagram news feed posts, Stories, and IGTV.
Instagram Reels is a short-form, 15 second maximum length, video format where you can record, edit, and share the 15 second videos on Instagram. There’ll be a new Reels tab.
Reels launches later this week and I think there’s so much strength in jumping on a bandwagon early because no-one else is there, it’s in Instagram’s best interests to promote new features, so its’ a real big fish in a small pond scenario. An easy win.
If you’re at all familiar with TikTok, Reels is pretty much in direct competition with TikTok.
TikTok’s strength has been leaning on the fun, personality, and talent driven side of social media.
So how could a celebrant or someone in the wedding industry take advantage of Reels at launch?
- Beauty transformations – the before and after types of content are big on Instagram and they’ll continue being big on Instagram Reels.
- Mini vlogs – short storytelling and documenting pieces of content are always going to be strong content pieces.
- Throwback travel moments – compiling photo and video from past travels.
- Behind the scenes – pull the curtain back on your business and art and share how things happen behind the scenes.
- Everyday life – share that solid evidence that you’re not a lizard person and that you have a real life going on behind your social media identity.
- Comedy – if you can make people laugh, you’ll always be popular.
- Tutorials and how-tos – people love to learn, what can you teach them?