To bring in the new year, Stephen Ango asks himself 40 questions. I liked his list but thought I’d alter it for Celebrant Institute followers so we could reflect on where we’ve been and look at where we’re going. Identify trends, strengths, weaknesses, and things we should simply be proud of as individuals and as a community. Stephen’s is a personal list, and my amendments are focused on your celebrant business.
Maybe you want to do both, or just one, it’s all up to you.
- What did you do this year in your business that you’d never done before?
- Did you keep your new year’s goals or resolutions?
- Did anyone close to you start their business?
- Did anyone close to you wrap up their business?
- What cities/states/countries did you visit for work?
- What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year?
- What weddings, funerals, ceremonies, from this year will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- What was your biggest failure?
- What other hardships did you face in business?
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
- What was the best thing you bought for work?
- In your industry, whose behaviour merited celebration?
- In your industry, whose behaviour made you appalled?
- Where did most of your financial expenses go?
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- What song will always remind you of this year?
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?
Busier or slower?
Richer or poorer?
- What do you wish you’d spent more time on?
- What do you wish you’d spent less time on?
- When are you having time off this year?
- Did you make any new business friendships, networks, or relationships?
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- What was your favourite blog/Youtube channel/podcast?
- What was the best book you read that inspired you in your business?
- What was your greatest song discovery of the year?
- What was your favourite Instagram account?
- What was your favourite coffee (or other beverage)?
- What did you want and get?
- What did you want and not get?
- What did you do on your birthday and your business birthday?
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- How would you describe your fashion or look this year?
- What kept you sane?
- Which celebrity/public figure did you admire the most?
- What political issue stirred you the most?
- Who did you miss?
- Who was the best new person you met?
- What valuable life lesson did you learn this year?
- What is a quote that sums up your year?