Ella asks:

I’ve purchased my PA systems and equipment because this isn’t covered under my home contents as it’s business use. Most home insurers will find a way not to pay if I did try to claim if something happened! (Previous industry knowledge). Who do you use for insurance on your equipment? As my other insurance is the association group on – can’t just add it on it.

Firstly, excellent work for thinking of this; most celebrants don’t, or assume it’s going to be covered under their home insurance.

I now have my own insurance policy because of the training work I do. and it includes equipment insurance.

However when I was relying on the AFCC policy for public liability and professional indemnity insurance (which I encourage every celebrant to have), I contacted the insurance broker they use (Focus Insurance) and organised my own equipment insurance through them directly.

Alternatively Duck for Cover also has equipment insurance.