You've reached one of our members-only articles. Celebrant Institute members get access to read articles about building and running a sustainable celebrancy business, the nuances around the Australian marriage laws, advertising and marketing help, and ceremony ideas, plus there's a free podcast, they can ask questions, and seek urgent support for legal and business advice regarding being an awesome marriage celebrant.

Veronica asks: I have a couple that had a commitment ceremony four years ago and legally changed their names, and are now wanting to get married. What names should I use on the paperwork? What's on their birth certificate?